Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Brrrrrr! A blustery day for a walk....






















So, we decided to get an extra day of walking in on Sunday and knew it was going to be really windy. My adorable and very "southern-blooded" children, decided the only way they could BRAVE the blustery 50 degree weather and 30 mph wind - was to suit up in their snow/ski gear. At first, I thought this was utterly ridiculous and protested. Then, I figured, "hey, whatever it takes....as long as we get a walk in today".

They suited up, we loaded up....and here's what it looked like getting off the starting line:


We did really great the first 2.5 miles, as there was only one small section that had a tough headwind. On the way back however......a lot of complaining ensued as we took the bantering wind on directly.

The last mile we had to get really creative just to get everyone back to our vehicle. Needless to say, I think Mike and I burned a LOT of extra calories. We took turns biking children 1/4 mile then walked part way back to get another kid and bike them 1/4 mile. The kids also took turns walking their bikes too. The wind was just a killer. All in all, we made it! And, everyone still had a smile when we got to the truck!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you'll get this or not, but WRITE some more!

    and then follow me (my blog, that is).

    Collin loved seeing the kids on video:)

    ReplyDelete