Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daniel Fast Recipe - Vegan Bean Burgers


I made these last night... Vegan Bean Burger. They came out really good! They were hearty, tasty and I served them with diced potatoes sauteed in olive oil.

I made some adjustments to the recipes spices. If you want to see the original recipe, click on the link above.

I also sauteed mushrooms, put them over the top and dipped in organic stone ground mustard. This is for all you "meat-n-potatoes" guys! This should tide you over.

Vegan Bean Burgers

[Makes 6 Burgers]

  • 2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
  • 1/4 sunflower seeds (can be omitted)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • pepper, if desired

To Prepare: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Next, add the oats and sunflower seeds to your food processor and grind until coarsely chopped (they will still be a little chunky). Let it run for roughly 10 seconds. Grate the carrots, and then add to your mixture in the food processor. Add 75% of the beans, all spices, and the olive oil. Once all of this is in the food processor, give it a whir and mix it all together.

Spoon mixture into a mixing bowl and then fold in the rest of the whole, reserved beans. Wet your hands and then form into 6 medium sized patties. Place patties on a non-stick baking sheet or into a baking pan, and bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes, turning once in the middle.

(I baked them for 30 minutes and then fried for 1-2 minutes on each side in a lightly oiled fry pan).

No comments:

Post a Comment